Bardani Tower on Naxos was once owned by the Sforza-Castri family –one of the most powerful on the island- for whom the Apiranthos area was an important domain.
The Bardani tower is believed to have been built prior to 1726, as indicated by a surviving contract concerning the property’s ownership that is dated February 27 of that year.
The contract describes a transfer of ownership of various properties, including this tower, from “Chrousakis Castri and his spouse Marietta” to their son, Iakovos Castri.
The Bardani tower remained a part of the family’s estate for generations until the 19th century.
|Directions for access
|Apiranthos village is connected to Naxos’s main town Chora by road.
|Public transport info
|Public transport service runs more frequently during the summer months.
|Parking space is available by the village entrance.
|Accessibility for wheelchairs
|Inaccessible for wheelchairs