Barozzi Tower on Naxos, an imposing structure dating back to 1650, stills stands at the heart of the village Filoti –a vestige of the era when Naxos was ruled by a Venetian duke of the same name.
The feudal lord Barozzi was recorded as one of the most oppressive that ever ruled Naxos. The details “1718 Geronimo Barozzi” are inscribed on the main entrance’s lintel.
|Throughout the year||Filoti|
|Directions for access||Filoti is located 18km by road from main town Chora.|
|Parking||Parking space available.|
|Public transport info||Public transport runs regularly.|