Lefteris Eleftheriou, well-known and popular actor in Greece, was born and raised on Naxos, both in downtown Chora and in the mountainous village, Apiranthos. We asked him to share with us five of his favorite things about Naxos.
“I love Naxos because …
- # 1 … it is the most beautiful place to take a vacation.”
- # 2 … in just 25 minutes you can go from visiting a green mountain village to being on an exotic beach.”
- # 3 … in every neighborhood stand before me remnants of the island’s ancient past and Byzantine history.”
- # 4 … of Naxos’s blessed earth and because anywhere I am, I find delicious local products cultivated and produced by the locals themselves.”
- # 5 … of its amazing villages and the village of Apiranthos, the source of my artistic expression…”