The impressive Church of Panagia Filotitissa on Naxos, dedicated to the Assumption of Virgin Mary, is located close to Barozzi tower.
The church is estimated to have been built in 1710 on a plot of land gained by locals from the feudal lord Barozzi after a long struggle.
It is a triple-aisled, pillared and domed basilica, with a superbly sculptured bell tower, old icons and a finely- crafted marble altar screen.
|Throughout the year
|Directions for access
|Filoti is located 18km from Chora, to which it is connected by the island’s main road network.
|Parking space available.
|Public transport info
|Public transport runs regularly.