The church of Agios Georgios on Iraklia is situated at the centre of the village of the same name. It was stone-built in 1834 and was reconstructed in 1887.
Its warm ambiance is enhanced by its old wooden iconostasis and the traditional stone floor. Every year, on Agios Georgios Day, a feast is held at the courtyard of the chapel and food is offered to the congregation.
Many people choose to hold christenings and weddings in this small, traditional chapel.
|Directions for access||The chapel is accessible by car or on foot.|
|Public transport info||A community minibus operates a free service to and fro the church in the summer months and on major holidays.|
|Accessibility for wheelchairs||Accessible for wheelchairs.|